ONLINE 20-HOUR COURSE ON PUMPS - FROM AN INDUSTRY EXPERT - VIA ZOOM
|November 2nd, 4th, 5th, & 9th, 2021
||Two 2.5-hour sessions per day,
8:30-11:00 AM &
(all times PT)
you worried about how to safely get the vital pump training you need?
- Are you confused by the variety of pump types? Do you know how to properly size pumps?
- Did you know that proper pump selection can reduce both maintenance and energy costs?
- Do you understand what causes cavitation in pumps, and how it can be avoided?
- How do you deal with systems involving multiple pumps, variable speed, or viscous liquids?
in-person training is not an option now, this course will be conducted via Zoom, using
the same curriculum and materials as the highly successfuly in-person course. Pumps are an integral part of your industry. Yet engineers, operators, and maintenance technicians are seldom fully trained to handle the pump problems they encounter daily. A good understanding of proper pump application, selection, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance is vital to the success of your company. Now you can learn everything you need to know about pumps at a short course in pumps taught by a recognized pump expert.
Topics covered in the course include:
- basic and advanced hydraulic principles
- pump selection and sizing
- pump system design and analysis
- energy savings in pump selection and operation
- applications and features of various pump types
- positive displacement pumps
- sealing systems
- start-up, trouble-shooting, maintenance, and repair
instructor, Michael Volk, has been a consultant on pumps for 35+ years, after
working in engineering and operations with one of the world’s leading pump
manufacturers. He authored Pump Characteristics and Applications, a highly
acclaimed pump applications handbook originally published in 1996, with the 500 page
third edition published in December, 2013 by CRC Press and Taylor & Francis. Volk
has taught hundreds of pump courses worldwide, including the most successful course
held at the prestigious International Pump Users Symposium for fifteen consecutive years.
course fee of $1495 includes a copy of Volk’s book and other materials, which
will be shipped to enrollees. 2 CEUs / 20 PDHs will be awarded to course
participants. A production assistant will co-host the course, to handle any Zoom or
technical issues. Note that recordings of this course are not permitted. For more information or to register, contact Volk & Associates at
510‑384‑8655 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Custom courses and in-house courses are also available if you have a group to be trained. Contact Volk & Associates at 510-384-8655 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
© Volk and Associates 2020